BigCommerce to OpenCart Migration
Decided to switch eCommerce platforms from BigCommerce to OpenCart?
One of the pitfalls of migrating an eCommerce store is losing data that can cause a negative effect to your sales. If done wrong, a product might not show up on your new store and if it does, you might be missing a crucial part of that product’s attributes. Even worse, you could lose customer information and active orders could fall into cyberspace never to be found again. This all can be avoided through an automated process. Optimum7, an Internet Digital Marketing Technology firm has the knowledge and expertise to flawlessly migrate your BigCommerce operations onto your new OpenCart store without losing any business. We have the capabilities to migrate all of your SKUs, product and sales-related data over to OpenCart error-free with our 301 redirects.
Migrating your eCommerce site from BigCommerce to OpenCart on your own is no easy task. Don’t waste your time manually migrating every single product from your eCommerce store onto OpenCart. You’re sure to lose time and money trying to improve your digital commerce operations, when in fact the entire purpose of switching from BigCommerce to OpenCart is to make your online business more efficient.
Keep the front end of your store looking exactly the same while we optimize the back end with optional functionalities that are scalable and will improve your buyer’s shopping experience.
What kind of data can be migrated from BigCommerce to OpenCart?
ProductsMigrate all of your product images, descriptions, product attributes, SKUs products and variants such as weight, pricing, along with the manufacturer’s information onto OpenCart. Other sales-related information such as the quantity and price can all be migrated from BigCommerce to OpenCart
Two important SEO attributes that are critical to any eCommerce website are the meta-title and description. Equally as important are the categories description and category images. These are all inclusive within the migration process.
Customer Order Information
You’ll also be able to migrate invoices and with it, customer contact information gaining valuable data to analyze demographics to target the right pool of potential buyers. Along with the customers’ name, email address, telephone number, and company name, you’ll be able to acquire the order date, order status, product price, quantity ordered, tax price, shipping price, and order comments.
Retain all of your current and past promotions. Any information that’s related to gift cards, coupon codes, Coupon from Date or Coupon to Date, Uses Per Coupon, Uses Per Customer along with the type of discount, the discount amount, and the amount spent can all be migrated to OpenCart.
All of the information that’s related to products reviews will be migrated over to the OpenCart platform. Fields such as Created Date, Rate, User name, Comment, Product, and Title are all part of the migration process.
Migrate your 301 redirects during the eCommerce migration to avoid loss of or decrease in organic traffic. Re-organize your inventory to a proper parent/child listing by bulk editing your category names and descriptions without HTML tags. You’ll also be able to add custom functionalities that will improve shoppers’ buying experience. Do all of this and safeguard your product images URLs.
For blog posts, migrate the category descriptions along with all of the images and product descriptions related to each post.
- Product images and descriptions, product attributes, product variants, SKUS
- Categories and category images
- Customers’ contact information
- Invoices, orders, coupon codes, and other sales-related information
- Re-organize your inventory to a proper parent/child listing
- Add custom functionalities that improve shoppers’ buying experience
- Safeguard your product images URLs
- Bulk edit your category names and descriptions without HTML tags
- 301 redirect during eCommerce migration to avoid loss of or decrease in organic traffic
How It Works
- 1. Request a Quote from Optimum7
- 2. Provide All Shopping Cart Details
- 3. Choose All the Data You Want to Transfer
- 4. Optimum7 will Migrate the Data
- 5. Review & Enjoy Your New Store!
Ecommerce and OpenCart Marketing
Switching platforms or websites might be potentially risky for your search engine rankings. Most marketing experts are very cautious while working on these migration projects.
With thousands of product pages on your OpenCart site, these migrations must be executed carefully. If the migration is done incorrectly, it can result in multiple 404 error pages. These 404 pages could cause you to lose your rankings and authority within days and destroy years of hard work.
Our specialists have compiled a list of critical data you’ll need to migrate from the BigCommerce platform to OpenCart. With the guidance of our advanced execution, you can safely migrate your store to a new and improved platform while retaining all the SEO ranking authority you’ve built up over the years. We know all the technical details of OpenCart server settings to implement 301 redirects the correct way. (Htaccess, apache, admin settings etc.)
Optimum7 staff is very well versed in OpenCart PPC (Paid Search), OpenCart SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Amazon, Ebay, Jet, Walmart, Shopping Comparison Engines, Inventory Management Systems, CRMs and all levels of integration.
- 24/7 Customer Support
- High Speed & Security
- Built-in Marketing Features
- Good Customer Service
- Platform and Credit Card Fees
- Default 5-Step Checkout Process
- Limited Email Subscription Lists
- Locked-In from Migrating Carts
- It is lightweight
- It has simple user interface and thus comparatively easy to learn and manage
- Unlike others, it has more number of inbuilt shipping and payment methods
- It has free modules and themes.
- Opencart Development cost is comparatively cheaper than others.
- Opencart consume less server resources and it's easy to maintain
- Not suitable for large scale businesses. (Over 750K annually)
- Don't provide large number of fancy features
- Since it is easy to learn, low quality and vulnerable modules are available on Internet.
- Cache management is not available out of the box
- Itâ€™s decent for smaller businesses but not scalable
Why migrate with Optimum7?
Optimum7 provides a fully automated migration that doesn't require any programming skills on your part. Through our services, you’re guaranteed to achieve an effortless and successful switch, free from bothersome bugs and glitches. You’ll have a newly established store that will provide the transformation you're looking for with everything in tact.
- 70+ SUPPORTED CARTS
- 100% UPTIME OF YOUR SOURCE STORE
- PROFESSIONAL 24/7 SUPPORT
Make the switch today!
Fast. Effortless. Error-free.Request a Quote