Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for B2B ecommerce companies requires detailed knowledge of how to reach a narrow pool of potential viable clients.
How does SEO help B2B ecommerce brands?
- Potential clients find you, not the other way around
- You build a positive reputation for yourself in the digital space
- You become more visible in your niche, which always leads to more business
…and more. Optimized websites outrank their competitors and attract more business. If you’re an ecommerce brand, you’re just not going to stay competitive without SEO.
SEO is a long term, multi-faceted effort for B2B ecommerce stores. It’s an evolving effort that follows tweaks and adjustments to….
- Search engine algorithms
- Consumer expectations and tastes
- New digital platforms and technology
Tracking these changes and accounting for them to keep your website competitive and ranking is a full-time job, however here are some strategies for SEO that consistently deliver good results.
5 SEO Tips for B2B Ecommerce Companies
1.Create A Blog About Your Niche
Think about the difference between B2B clients and B2C consumers. Your ecommerce store is for other business people. They think the way you do. They want information that will help them make rational decisions. When you create a blog for your niche, you accomplish multiple important SEO functions:
- You create a resource for your clients to learn about your service
- You publish material regularly, which tells search engines like Google that your page is alive and well
- You can “cast a net” for people who are searching for the topics you write about.
- You give people a good reason to link to your site, which builds authority
- You give people information to browse on your website, which makes them stay longer. When visitors stay on your website longer, your website ranks higher.I know my B2B ecommerce business inside and out but…
How Do I Know What To Blog About For My Business?
At Optimum7, our expert team of digital marketers uses the latest data and analytics tools to gain insights into what your B2B clients want to know when they are looking for your services/products on Google.
Fill your B2B ecommerce service into the blanks to understand the structure of common typical, ranking articles.
- How soon can I get wholesale _____?
- Can I customize ______ for my business?
- Cheap Outsourcing option for _____
- Improve QA for ______
We make content decisions based on keywords, which refers to words and phrases your clients type into Google when they need you, and search volume, which refers to how often people use said keywords.
2. High Quality Backlinks: Reach Out To Develop B2B Connections And Content
Backlinks, or links from other pages leading back to your website, help build your web pages authority within your domain. They’re an excellent B2B marketing strategy for ecommerce pages for multiple reasons:
- You create a contact within your industry when you organize backlink deals with people in the industry you’re trying to reach.
- You add an SEO factor that has been known to boost rankings
- Mutually beneficial B2B partnerships often lead to learning and referrals
Don’t bother buying backlinks, as Google penalizes this. Expert digital marketers have tools which identify source, quality and other key elements of backlinks.
3. SEO Strategy For B2B Ecommerce Store: Optimize Your URLs
Your URLs are more important than you may realize. They are a large component of SEO. Let’s take a look at some examples of how you should create your URLs.
Examples of BAD URLs…
If your URL could be for any website, or ends in something complex like /ft67yghj you should choose something relevant and legible. This is a key part of telling both humans and search engines what to expect to find on the page.
Examples of GOOD URLs…
Good URLs are related to the page they represent:
…and so on. Knowing a little bit about how Google reads URLs is helpful too. Google does not read underscores, so use hyphens between multiple words. Overall, focus on keeping your URLs short and clear.
Average Increase in Website Traffic+97%
Average Increase in Conversion Rates+52%
Monthly Total Leads Generated3,000+
We become an indispensable resource for our clients to drive traffic and leads.
4. Improve Site Speed: B2B Clients Get Impatient Too
One finding remains clear across multiple marketing studies: people hate to wait for an ecommerce page to load. Whether you’ve got a B2C or B2B page, you need to do everything you can to deliver a speedy experience. You start boring people and losing out on business the second your web page gets draggy and slow.
Why is page speed so important for SEO?
Because traffic patterns determine how relevant your page appears to be. You might have the best page in the world, but if your B2B clients leave because it never loads, it will plummet in the rankings. You will have lost the opportunities the traffic may have held, and as you rank lower you only become more difficult to find.
In fact, in 2010, Google declared page speed to be one of the critical factors of SEO. Almost have of people will bounce away from a web page if it is taking too long to load.
5. Set Goals For Your B2B Ecommerce Page- Track With Analytics
We touched on how B2B clients do a little more research on average than B2B consumers because they are making business decisions using similar reasoning to you.
That means you can track traffic patterns, engagement and how your authority and reach is spreading with metrics such as:
- Email newsletter sign ups
- Whitepaper downloads
White papers in particular are one of the more popular mediums for business people who are doing research on a new supplier, partner, or similar relationship. Analytics can show you which actions result in, say, an increase in filled out lead forms or whitepaper downloads. Collecting this data accurately and efficiently is the first step to making numbers-driven decisions to improve your performance.
SEO has one of the highest ROI of any digital strategy. Reach out to our team today and we’ll tell you how we can help your business grow.Speak to an Expert